Winstitchen Farm - sleeps 10 plus 4
Winstitchen is found at the end of a tarmac drive lined with Beech trees enjoying uninterrupted views over moor land with direct access on to the moor for walking and riding. Approached through a five-bar gate the farmhouse, and stables create an attractive courtyard with circular lawn.
The farmhouse dates back to 1840 and has been extensively modernised over the years. The front door opens into a large reception hall, which has views to the courtyard. Opening from the hall is the drawing room. This is a large well-proportioned room with French doors and windows opening onto the garden, and extensive views to the moor. There are plenty of comfortable sofas and arm chairs and a large wood-burning stove (logs provided). There is a large TV, DVD player and Hi FI system, a game of dominoes and plenty of books to read whilst you are staying at Winstitchen.
The kitchen has been hand made in maple and is fully fitted with Belfast sinks, dishwasher, microwave, electric hob and oil fired Aga. There is a Kitchen Aid food mixer and matching blender, weighing scales and electric knife sharpener for those who want to be adventurous with their cooking. In the centre is a 10-foot oak table with plenty of room for all to sit down and enjoy the party. Off the kitchen is a large walk-in pantry with ample shelving for all the groceries.
From the kitchen you can walk through to the large boot room with kitchen sink, boiler, washing machine, matching larder fridge and freezer, large clothes drying rack, and plenty of space for hanging coats, and storing muddy wellies. From here there is direct access to the courtyard.
- The Triple bedroom with 3 single beds is on the ground floor, for those who may find stairs difficult, with views to the garden, from the bedroom and the large en-suite shower room.
- Upstairs the Master bedroom has glorious views from the double windows over the rolling fields and moor. There is a king size sleigh bed, fitted cupboards and wardrobes. The en-suite bathroom has a large corner ‘power shower’, and in the centre of the room a Victorian cast iron enamel bath.
- The Blue room also has a king size double bed and similar spectacular views towards Honeymead with en-suite bathroom with enamel bath with power shower over.
- The Yellow room has a king size bed and a single bed and windows with double aspect outlook, both with sensational views. The en-suite bathroom has a cast iron bath with velux window overlooking the quadrant.
All the bedrooms have ample space for adding any or all of the 4 additional children’s z beds which are available if required.
Outside there is plenty of stabling and grass turn-out paddocks all with their own water supply. The stables also contain the tumble dryer. There is a large area of garden laid mostly to lawn, with garden furniture,and plenty of space. There is ample parking for cars and horseboxes.
As the nearest shops are about 4 miles away you do need a car as there is no public transport. Winstitchen Farm is available for either weekly bookings or short breaks. Prices are from £600 per week depending on the time of year.
- Prices start at £500.00 for a three night break - online booking enquiry - secure online payment - T&C apply -